Top Reasons of increased Bounce Rates and Tips about How to Fix it
Are you troubled with high Bounce Rates of your website analytics? If yes, be aware, it can be harmful for your business growth.
Let’s begin with fundamentals-
Bounce Rate: According to Google Analytics definition of the bounce rate, the percentage of the users who come to your website, but leave it without visiting any single page within a second, means user are coming to the website but not spend time on the website, this process is called “bounce rate”.
Higher bounce rate is a bad practice for SEO point of views. According to webmasters, the average bounce rate should be in between 26% to 80%. So, if you have equivalent or more than 90% bounce rate, then it’s a very bad news for your website & business. And if you have within 30% to 70% it’s Good.
Reasons for the increasing bounce rate to the website: for higher bounce rate, a website has many reasons, here we discussed most of the reasons for high bounce rate with perfect solutions.
1. Bad navigation: If your website has hard navigate, complex and inconsistent navigation this effect to the direct users and user feel helpless and confused. And if you are not providing visual elements that are not clearly defined that, where the user is and what they are supposed to the next.
How to fix it: Your website navigation should be logical, intuitive and easy to understand. And try to use grouping navigation elements in the central part. And if your website has a large amount of the pages & products/services, you should use HTML sitemap.
2. Too Many Ads: To earn money, we generally add more ads on the website which provide bad result as high bounce rate. We are not saying that “Not use Ads” mean, if we want to add some ads through Google Ads and Google Adsense, they are according to webmaster rule as
(1) Ads should not be the first thing that your visitor sees.
(2) Avoid ads that take up more real estate than your content.
How to fix it: Running ads on your website can be a perfectly authentic way to monetize.
3. Bad Content Structure: Bad content Structure can be lost conversion rate and new/return users. The Website content, structure should be user friendly and according SEO guideline.
How to fix it: Don’t have visitors fish around for the content they are looking for, add Group similar content in a clear and concise manner. And use HTML tags in the content as Bold Tags, Heading tags, to highlight the certain keywords that visitors may be searching for.
4. Obtrusive use of Audio & Video: Most of the website owners thought that Audio & video get big traffic, good and best thought, but if they used in a proper way. Many times without user permission unwanted Audio & Video are playing, it’s a bad experience for new user and increase bounce rate.
How to fix it: Give users an option of viewing videos/audios or not. Content don’t force them to Play or view.
5. The Registration Requirement: Some of the websites forced visitors to register, without content reading, it’s very bad practice. For an example: sometimes, when a user reached to the banners suddenly site forced them to register. This kind of force, may ultimately cause the visitors go to the other websites.
How to fix it: Avoid putting up barriers between you and your visitors. And if a visitor register to interact with your web site, offer to give them a test preview or a demo.
6. Boring Content, Boring Design: A website that has no purpose or interactivity and not has good design will never get trusted user and user not like to come next time.
How to fix it: Create a best responsive web design with continual updates including unique informative content.
7. Poor Legibitlity: Bad typography choices, abrasive colors and excessive types, all contribute to poor legibility and ultimately a poor user experience.
How to fix it: Create a better web design with the best color combination. If you don’t know about web design, you should hire a custom web design company.
8. Lack of Frequency: A website must be a balance of interactivity, design and content update.You also need to keep your website fresh with new unique content.
How to fix it: Keep your website fresh with frequent content update. For that, add a blog area on the website. Blogging is an easy way to keep your site content fresh and updated.
If your website has been affected by the bounce rate problems, check out these points or hire professionals at Dev Technosys. Dev Technosys is one of the best web design and web development company, who offers best web services around the world.
Dev Technosys Pvt. Ltd. is an ISO 9001:2008 certified web and mobileNovember 14 2017
2017 - One more amazing year for mobilNovember 13 2017
Nowadays all small and big organizations are investing in mobile apps to interact with their customers, grow their business and rake in money. This leJuly 06 2017
A good website has many objectives. Building a better reputation plus increasing visibility and getting your message out to the people. Nonetheless, yDecember 16 2016